Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem in Datatype Date Convertion

Hi,

My source is flat file and my destination is SQL SERVER 2005 using SSIS TOOL.

In my source file i got a date column which is in ISO standards ex: 20050131

I have taken source flat file data type as database date [DT_DBDATE] and in

destination table i declared data type as datetime.

When i start debugging i am getting an error saying that data conversion is not possible.

Can you please help me out how to solve the problem, what data types do i need to take in source and destination and is there any necessity of using Data Conversion Transformation.

If, so please tell me how to do.

With Regards

Satish

What is the full error message? It should tell you in which component the error is occurring.

-Jamie

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment