Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem in instead of trigger

hi,
i am using instead of trigger in sqlserver 2005, my trigger looks like
create trigger [dbo].[docsUpdate]
on [dbo].[Docs]
instead of update
as
IF (Update(MetaInfo))
BEGIN
bla bla
bla bla
[Some operation]
end
my table looks lke this
Dirname LeafName TimeLastModified Extension Metainfo
-- -- -- -- --
if any data in metainfo column updated then my trigger will get fired
and do respective operation, but when dirname , leafname or any if
other column get modified other them metainfo then how these modified
data will get affected in to my docs table.
Since changes done on table will not get affected due to instead of
trigger, how can i update other column values.
please help me.
thanks
sathya narayanan
narayanan@.gsdindia.comhttp://www.microsoft.com/communitie...c7-cdfb17b609f8
AMB
"sathya" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am using instead of trigger in sqlserver 2005, my trigger looks like
>
> create trigger [dbo].[docsUpdate]
> on [dbo].[Docs]
> instead of update
> as
> IF (Update(MetaInfo))
> BEGIN
> bla bla
> bla bla
> [Some operation]
> end
> my table looks lke this
>
> Dirname LeafName TimeLastModified Extension Metainfo
> -- -- -- -- --
>
> if any data in metainfo column updated then my trigger will get fired
> and do respective operation, but when dirname , leafname or any if
> other column get modified other them metainfo then how these modified
> data will get affected in to my docs table.
> Since changes done on table will not get affected due to instead of
> trigger, how can i update other column values.
> please help me.
>
> thanks
> sathya narayanan
> narayanan@.gsdindia.com
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment