Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem in Installing SQL Server 2000 Personal

Hi... I recently reformatted my pc due to a very slow operation. Then I reinstall SQL Server 2000 Personal to my PC running Windows XP OS....As I run the setup, it will display INTERNAL ERROR and won't continue... What seemed to be the problem there? Before I reformatted the PC, it was installed well...

In windows XP I think you can only install Client tools ! ! ! anything from the setup log ?|||

Deepak... you can install Personal Edition on XP as well.. the problem seems to be something else... check error log or post the exact error what u get

BTW why u want to install 2000 , you have SQL Server 2005 Express downloadable edition. I think u should install that...

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/system-requirements.mspx

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1442281

Madhu

|||Madhu, Thanks for pointing out my mistake.......apologize for my ignorance|||

No Deepak... we all make mistake... we all are there for a common cause to its help each other and there by improve our knowledge... so pse do not take it as personal...

Madhu

|||

Madhu, I didnt take it personnally.I am indeed happy that you pointed out my mistake Smile so that i can learn from my mistakes.......i just felt like apologising for providing a wrong information........thanks once again friend

|||

Hi...Thanks for your immediate replies...Madhu the exact error displays

"Internal Error. Contact Microsoft Technical Support."

I already have SQL Server 2005 Express installed and it does not allow connections to other pc...

I have found out about SQL Management Studio and used it instead....And it really has a good environment...

Thank for replying here.... Happy programming!

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment