Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem in Instead of Delete Trigger

Hi,
I have Instead of Delete Trigger in my Table. When i delete any row
from the table it shows the No of Rows affected ex:- 1 Row affected
But when i look into the table the Deleted Row is still Present.
My Question is If there is Instead of Delete Trigger then is it not
possible to delete row from Original table. and if i want to delete the
row using Instead of trigger what i have to do?
If anybody knows the solution Please let me know?
Thanks,
VinothHi ,
You cannot delete rows from a table which has a instead of delete trigger
configured.
Though, We can put delete statement for the table inside instead of trigger
but we need to keep RECURSIVE_TRIGGERS database option set correctly. This D
B
option will not cause trigger to fire again.
But still I am not sure why do you want to delete row from a trigger which
has instead of delete trigger configured.
--
Vishal Khajuria
9886170165
IBM Bangalore
"vinoth@.gsdindia.com" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have Instead of Delete Trigger in my Table. When i delete any row
> from the table it shows the No of Rows affected ex:- 1 Row affected
> But when i look into the table the Deleted Row is still Present.
> My Question is If there is Instead of Delete Trigger then is it not
> possible to delete row from Original table. and if i want to delete the
> row using Instead of trigger what i have to do?
> If anybody knows the solution Please let me know?
>
> Thanks,
> Vinoth
>

No comments:

Post a Comment