Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem in giving Database Access to a new user

I create a new user and give them a password and hten confirm as
normal. When I subsequently try to give this user access to the
database then I am prompted to 'Confirm Password' jus as I was when I
created the user. I've not seen thi before. Can anyone shed some light
please?
John
Hi,
(Information taken from old post from Kevin Micosoft)
This was a bug with the security rollup for SQL. You need to install build
819. Have a look into the below link:-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=826161
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"John Lundrigan" <jonel@.glenavon1.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:s1ldc01o9nnrsoil1cmep2j23p49eaiise@.4ax.com...
> I create a new user and give them a password and hten confirm as
> normal. When I subsequently try to give this user access to the
> database then I am prompted to 'Confirm Password' jus as I was when I
> created the user. I've not seen thi before. Can anyone shed some light
> please?
> John

No comments:

Post a Comment